Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surgery postponed again

Still no surgery....postponed again because Bryan is now fighting his second infection since the last proposed surgery date. It is a catch 22 situation. Surgery is now scheduled for the 28th. We had another long night Saturday....Bryan stayed with us and developed a runny nose (pouring is more like it) and a fever, and had to sleep in his swing so he could breathe. So Brandy will call the dr. tomorrow and start another round of meds...and hopefully all will be well by the time surgery rolls around again. Frustrating to sit by and watch him go through this.

Through it all though, he is a trooper. As you can see, he is always smiling and nice new surprise for us this weekend...he can sit up all by himself now! So, he is making progress.

I have not been updating as life has been a little hectic here. Terry and I spent a weekend in Vegas for our 25th anniversary, and Terry is now working back in Ingleside...so I am mostly home alone. I will try to be better about updating here, but I just haven't felt like I've had much to say and after being on the computer at work all day, the last thing I want to do is look at a computer screen. But I do check in occasionally to see how everyone is.

I will post as soon as we know something about surgery, and I have some great pics I will dropping here as the week goes by.

Hope everyone in Blogger Land is happy and healthy.

With YaYa and Grampa...where my bread is buttered!

Go Longhorns! Texas rawks!Me and Tia Gretchen...she loves me so much!
Grampa let me brush my own teeth....with Traci's toothbrush!
Me and Traci....smile for the camera!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Can I eat Bryan in that last picture?? That is the cutest thing!
Sorry to hear that the poor kiddo has been battling the cold and fever. I pray that he gets better for the surgery.
Happy 25th! What a wonderful milestone!

Jennifer said...

So glad you were finally able to post! I've been concerned about you after Ike and worried about Bryan's surgery. He is the most beautiful baby, Candi! I don't think he could possible be one ounce cuter! What a personality on that boy.

Destini said...

Oh my goodness, Bryan is even cuter than the last time you posted, seriously!! All the colds suck, and it is that time of year - good luck keeping him healthy for surgery!

Caden and Mommy said...

Candi!
Darn it - I hear you on the illnesses! Caden battled it for about four weeks ...crossing my fingers he is finally healthy! Keep us posted .... and as always adorable pictures of Bryan!
Trisha