Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Life in the Country

Hi everyone. Bryan's YaYa has been INCREDIBLY busy these days. Working looooooooong days, into the night most nights. And trying to spend some time with my long lost friends and reconnect with my hubby. Not much time left for blogging!


It has been a very stressful year, and I have lost touch with so many of my dear friends due to time contraints, the move, hospital visits, etc...so besides work, I am focusing on getting some "me" time back. So if you don't hear from me, just know we are still checking "our" kiddos all the time...they all look to be doing just great!



Bryan is awesome. He amazes me every day, he always has a smile. I mean ALWAYS. And he is learning so much, he studies anything and everything that has moveable parts over and over again. I say every day he is going to grow up to be a great mechanical engineer. I can see it already!



A quick update:
9 days short of 15 months
Weight: 18 lbs.
Height: 27 3/4"


Bryan is not sitting up on his own yet, but is trying to crawl...more of an army crawl, really. This past week, he has discovered his voice. He babbles constantly, and I think he even gripes a little. He is spending more and more time in his Bumbo and he rolls everywhere. The biggest issue with him is keeping him from being bored!

Bryan went to his Great Great Grandparents ranch to see his Great Great Grannie Beck and Great Granny and Grandad on Memorial Day weekend with his Dad and Traci - so I am putting a few pics up of his trip. Casey says he didn't think too much of the cows, I'm sure his Grandad was not glad to hear that as they are his pets!
On another note, to all of those of you that live in the Northern Hemisphere, it is HOT here in Texas...Katie, I'm sure you can concur! I went to Midland to see Bryan's cousin J.C. graduate and at 4:00 in the afternoon it was 105 degrees. That is actual temperature!!!

Me and my Great Great Grannie Beck - There are 3 generations between us, that makes five!

4 of the 5 Generations, too bad Grandpa wasn't here.

Me and my Great Grannie Beck-the Cedar Chopper! She makes a mean chocolate cake too!

Kickin' it in the pasture, just me and my Dad.

No more Operators! This kids gonna be an Engineer!


Kicking it with Great Grandad!

We learn to drive early in our Family - its a tradition!

Time to feed the cows! You work the pedals Grandad, I'll do the steering!

Do I get to drive again now Dad?


City comes to the Country....


Not too sure about her, can you blame me? Her tongue weighs more than me!

And she slobbers more too!

Every day should end this way. Life is good out in the country!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Candi! Now that's a post! Thanks so much for the update and the wonderful pictures. Bryan is so cute and he seems to be doing very well. I look at your blog every day!

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Jennifer, I've been horrible about posting, but it was your email that prompted me to update. Hope life is good for you all. Looks like the FL visit was a GREAT time. Sweet.

Godspeed,

Candi
YaYa to Bryan

Candi and Skeet said...

It looks like Bryan had a blast! It was great to get an update and I love seeing pictures of that sweet little guy!
Sending hugs your way!!

The other Candi

Tonya said...

I am so glad things are going well!! You need not worry about us in the blogosphere! We will all be patiently awaiting word from you!! You take care of you and your family, we'll still be here! Bryan is oh so cute!! I love him to piece's!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Bryan is the cutest! Thanks for the update Candi...we were all getting a little worried when we hadn't heard from you in a little bit! Glad that things are just busy! You are one lucky Yaya!!

Kim said...

Candi! What a pleasant surprise to get all these new pictures of that little cutie Bryan! Glad to hear all is well-his appointment seemed to go very well! We've missed you!

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Good to have you back! Great to see new pictures of Bryan!
Cat