1. I married my husband 10 days after my 16th birthday, we have been together 25 years. And no one in my family was a coal miner. :0)
2. I spend entirely too much time on the internet and am now using an accupressure method to break the habit. (Yes, Jennifer, I too am a blogaholic. The first step is to admit you have a problem!)
3. I have a super great collection of Wizard of Oz memorabilia.
4. I would rather be on the water on a sunny day than anywhere else - swimming, sunbathing, fishing, whatever - so long as it is on the water. I miss home, where my favorite spot is a pool on the edge of the bay leading to the Gulf of Mexico. I really need a trip home.
5. I hate the city and dream of the day I no longer have to live here.
6. 30 minutes before the sun sets is my favorite time of the day, and I love to be outdoors during that time (preferably on the water!)
7. My grandson changed my life in many ways, some of which are still difficult for me to verbalize without crying. But there is plenty about him I can tell you without crying! Just ask!
8. If I had to change careers today, I would enroll in nursing school and specialize in NICU.
9. I love to cook and have always wanted to attend classes to be a Pastry Chef. Maybe some day I will leave the corporate world, move to the mountains and open a pastry shop! (Oh, and I love sweets too - I could live on sweets alone for the rest of my life). I hope Bryan has a love for cooking like his Dad does. He's a Hill, so I'm pretty sure cooking and eating will come naturally to him.
10. I can attribute my success to the true southern Steel Magnolias in my life. Gretchen, Aunt Mary, Nana, Cat to name a few - but more than anyone I admire strong southern women who take care of their families...and their cast iron skillets! If you have ever read Girls Raised In The South, you will feel like you know me already. I really want Bryan to know what makes these women strong, and become their counterpart...a true southern gentleman.
On another note, here's Bryan's Easter pictures....we went to church with Vanessa and her family and then came home to dye and hunt eggs. Bryan did most of the work, but Brandy helped! Then YaYa cooked ham, potato salad, baked beans and of course deviled eggs! (see what I mean about the Hill / eating thing?)